- 31 January, 2017
- CoreLogic property report
- The population continues to grow quickly, fuelled by persistent high net migration.
- Building consents for new dwellings are still trending up, especially in Auckland, but it still takes time for these houses to be built so the shortage in housing remains.
- Consumer confidence is up, helped by excellent employment conditions and low interest rates.
- Nationwide values have slowed as sales volumes and market demand have dropped, in part because of the new lending restrictions imposed late last year by the Reserve Bank.
- Auckland and Hamilton values dropped in the latest month, while Wellington slowed. Dunedin continued to rise.
- Investor activity has eased slightly in Auckland, while first home buyers are strong in many cities, back to 2013 levels.
View the full report http://www.corelogic.co.nz/fileadmin/Jan2017/index.html?page=1